Many OMFT problems are related to an abnormal swallow and/or a low tongue position. It is important to find out how a client is swallowing and to make this clear to the client himself. The Payne technique offers a solution.
- With a spatula, fluorescent Payne pasta is applied to various points on the tongue.
- The tongue is brought in, after which it is checked with a mirror whether imprints of the tongue position at rest are visible on the palate.
- Then the client swallows. The traces of the Payne pasta on the palate and tongue indicate how the tongue moved during the moment of swallowing and whether there is an abnormal swallow. By using the Payne lamp, the impressions of the fluorescent Payne pasta can be clearly made visible, by shining through a mirror on the palate. The swallowing traces can be seen.
- Payne pasta (peppermint or strawberry flavour)
To visualize the position of the tongue at rest and the active swallowing movement, with the Payne technique.€ 8,50
- Payne lamp (batteries included)
Useful to visualize the position or the tongue at rest and during an active swallow.€ 9,50
- Spatulas (100 pieces)
Box with 100 spatulas. For applying the Payne pasta. The spatulas can also be used as a 'ruler' for measuring an open bite.€ 11,00
- Little mirror
Little mirror that can be used during the Payne technique. To see the prints of the Payne pasta dots that the tongue leaves behind on the palate, at rest and after swallowing.€ 1,95
- Disposable mouth mirrors
Hygienically individually packaged mouth mirrors (bundle of 10 pieces). For dental inspection, to determine the classification according to Angle or to keep the cheek off.€ 5,25
- Alcohol 96% (250 ml)
Alcohol for disinfecting OMFT instruments (spiritus ketonatus dilitus, 96%). Available in a bottle of 250 ml.€ 4,50
- Starters kit OMFT
Start working with OMFT with this basis of instruments and materials.€ 169,50
+31 (0)6 55 956 582
Chamber of Commerce: 20154851
Bank: NL81 INGB 0001.9157.67
Terms and Conditions